question

robin avatar image
robin asked

Web App Tester "Not enough storage is available to complete this operation"

What are the physical storage limits of the web-app tester? I have a Html5 web page running inside the web-app tester that contains a hyperlink to a separate page that when tapped on produces this error: "Not enough storage is available to complete this operation" Checking KF HD7 device settings: More >> Storage 2.3GB of 12.6GB space available More >> Applications >> Installed Applications >> Filter by Running Applications Web App Tester ver 1.1 Storage 22.72M Total 04.97M App 00.00B USB 17.75M Data 00.00B Stor Dev 07.91M Cache What type of data is being stored by the web-app tester during debug? Does this also include localStorage as well as FileSys storage? What are the physical storage limits of the web-app tester? The above values appear to be in an expected normal range and not excessive. More >> Device >> About KF HD7 ver 7.4.6_user_4620220 Silk ver 1.0.135.375-Gen5_38038310 Thank you, Robin
iap
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

robin avatar image
robin answered
Found issue and not related to the Kindle directly. The host provider that sourced the content the hyperlink was pointing to, was issuing the return content. After a forced stop of both the web-app tester and the Silk browser, after an unsuccessful clear data and clear cache that also did not solve the problem, I noticed that attempting to launch other .apk instances that rendered static Html pages also generated the same error. *** Note to all web app developers Remember that the web app source files must be 'active' on the remote host server in order for your app to execute. [1] What tripped me up was the cached version of other apps were still executing and I misled myself into believing the text of the error message was accurate and being generated by the web-app tester. On a hunch, I loaded the remote host server page on a desktop browser and revealed the exact word-for-word error message. Locating a simple static renderable hosted Html page, then creating a launch link inside the web-app tester validated the original host provider was indeed the culprit. Fiddler also reports: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error and the header indicated the identical Html Lesson learned. See bullet #3 [1] https://forums.developer.amazon.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1529&tstart=0
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.