question

Mackie avatar image
Mackie asked

Either of Echo Dots stops a skill.

We have two Echo Dots of 2nd-generation. They are tied to a same account.

I started a skill "Twenty Questions" made by Amazon on an Echo Dot by pushing action button. And just after it, my colleague promptly started the same skill on the other Echo Dot by pushing action button.

As a result, the latter Dot stopped the skill and the former one continued the skill.
We also tried with one Echo Dot and one Harman Allure. In that case, we did not encounter any stop on those devices.

We also encountered this experience when using our skill in development. And when using a skill "Animal Game".

Could anyone tell us about the cause? Due to ESP(Echo Spatial Perception)? Or due to something of skill? We hope that both of Dots continue our skill. Thank you.

alexa voice serviceskillecho
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Milo Oostergo avatar image
Milo Oostergo answered

When you have multiple shared devices added to the same room, it will use the same account in the backend and therefore will automatically the ESP feature. If you don't want this behavior I recommend to create two seperate rooms, one for each device.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Brian@Amazon avatar image
Brian@Amazon answered

Hello. It's likely that this skill is using sessionID to track your state in a skill and so has this behavior. I'd file this feedback in the Alexa app.

1 comment
10 |5000

Hello, Brian.

Recently I confirmed that I can not reproduce this phenomenan which I reported as the top comment of this ticket. Could you please tell me the details of firmware update history of Echo Dot? The bug(?) might be fixed.

Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mackie avatar image
Mackie answered

Hi, Brian. @Brian@Amazon

Thank you for answering. Does Alexa Voice Service create only one session for one Amazon account? Can Alexa Voice Service create each session for each device?

If the answer is no, can I create each session for each device by using "Shared Device" of Alexa for Business?

10 |5000

Mackie avatar image
Mackie answered

Okay, thanks. So, we can solve this problem if we use A4B and set one shared device for one room. This is a good knowledge about Alexa.

But in the case of personal use of Alexa, the detailed condition which causes this problem is still unclear. Anyway, I will close this ticket.

10 |5000