question

abow_123 avatar image
abow_123 asked ·

Getting an error when trying to add an Amazon Maps Debug Registration

I'm trying to add Amazon Maps to my Android app and to do so I need to create a debug registration for my app. After entering the correct package name from my Android Manifest and the correct MD5 hash, Amazon says that there has been an error and to try again later but offers no details on what error.

I've contacted Amazon support and they've been no help. I've even tried waiting a few days and trying again but it still didn't work. I also tried creating a new Amazon Developers account and creating a new app in that account and tried to do the Debug Registration for Maps and it still won't work.

I'm working on this app for school and the deadline is coming up so if anyone could help me figure out what the issue is that would be great!

amazon maps
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered ·

Hi there,

Thank you for posting on the forums! There was an issue with the Maps service, but now that issue has been fixed. Please re-try your registration, and let us know if you still experience any issues with that. Apologies for any inconvenience that might have caused you. Thanks!

10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.