question

jenson avatar image
jenson asked

ASK CLI - initialize and provide credentials for use with build service (VSTS)?

I am currently using ASK CLI for managing and deploying my skill on my local dev machine.

However, I am wondering how to integrate ASK CLI within build services / agents like Visual Studio Team Services which I am also using.

By default, a browser window will open with a sign-on screen. Once the initialization is complete, you can use ASK CLI to manage your skill. Hosted VSTS agents do not offer the ability to log on. So the -no-browser option is also no option I guess.

https://developer.amazon.com/de/docs/smapi/ask-cli-command-reference.html#init-command

How shall I provide the credentials and init on the build server which is eventually unattended?

Thanks in advance!

alexa skills kitask cli
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jenn@amazon avatar image
Jenn@amazon answered

The Skill Management API (SMAPI) might be the better option for integrating into your build service. You can use Login with Amazon to request User authorization and get the Access Tokens.

2 comments
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Kyle Wrenn avatar image Kyle Wrenn commented ·

How would you handle this without a browser?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jenn@amazon avatar image Jenn@amazon Kyle Wrenn commented ·

Browser is only used with the ASK CLI, but the ask init command has a --no-browser parameter.

0 Likes 0 ·