question

Xonshiz avatar image
Xonshiz asked

Alexa not invoking the Intent

I was trying to make an alexa skill, which is based on the fact skill of the alexa's blueprint. I've made a custom Intent named "myIntent", which has a variable "{myName}" or slot type "myNameSlot". I've added multiple values like "Dhruv,User,My User" (all are separate values).

So, I tried to launch my Alexa skill in Test via the simulator. It is launching all the in-built intents just fine. However, when I try to launch my custom Intent, it doesn't launch.I wrote the same utterances, however, it is not being invoked.

Here's my Lambda Function's code : https://pastebin.com/7CrdMffW

I'm not sure what's happening here.

**EDIT:** This is the information about my Intent and custom slot : **Intent Name :** `myIntent`. **Utterances :** 1.) tell me about {data_of_intent} 2.) what is the synopsys of {data_of_intent} **Intent Slots (1) :** `data_of_intent` of type `my_custom_type`. **Custom Slot Type Values :** 1.) one piece 2.) Flower Dream 3.) Kanai kun 4.) Has the rain stopped?

alexa skills kitalexa voice serviceintentsvoice-user interfaceslots
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Andy Whitworth avatar image
Andy Whitworth answered

Does the skill language model match your amazon account country ? e.g. are you using a US language model with a US amazon account ?

1 comment
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

How do I check the `skill language`. In my Amazon's Developer Account, I checked that my country is "India", where I'm from.

0 Likes 0 ·
cheko avatar image
cheko answered

If you are testing in the new skills console , it will show you the JSON request. Can you paste the same or check if the intent value is being passed properly to your function?

1 comment
10 |5000

I double checked the JSON I got in the reply from the service. I had this issue : https://github.com/alexa/alexa-skills-kit-sdk-for-nodejs/issues/64

0 Likes 0 ·