question

Carlos avatar image
Carlos asked

Is there a way to know why this live stream won't play?

This live stream works fine on the Chromecast but not on the Fire TV Stick when using Fling. https://secure.brightcove.com/services/mobile/streaming/index/master.m3u8?videoId=3504347372001&playerId=3399366160001&lineupId=&affiliateId=&pubId=3047407010001 Thanks.
amazon fling
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Bubblesoft avatar image
Bubblesoft answered
You may want to look at the logcat for a possible hint of the failure.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Carlos avatar image
Carlos answered
I saw this on the logs: 09-01 11:04:17.631 118-513/? E/MetadataRetrieverClient﹕ player type 6 is not supported 09-01 11:04:17.631 118-513/? E/MetadataRetrieverClient﹕ failed to create a retriever object But AllCast which has a receiver app on the FireTV is able to play it just fine.
10 |5000

Jamie Grossman avatar image
Jamie Grossman answered
Hi there, Thanks for posting. We tested your URL, and it looks like it is working fine with DMR. Please find the input format used for verification with your URL: title = "Test", url= " https://secure.brightcove.com/services/mobile/streaming/index/master.m3u8?v... And used metdata String as JSON format below "metadata": { "type": "application/x-mpegURL", "title": "Test", "description": "Test Description" } } It's worth double checking what kind of metadata string you are sending to DMR as this may also cause issues. Regards, Jamie
10 |5000

Carlos avatar image
Carlos answered
I'm sending application/vnd.apple.mpegurl as the type. Could that be the issue? I usually send on the type what the server returns as content type or I make a guess based on the extension. In this case the server is returning that.
10 |5000

Jamie Grossman answered
Hi there, Thanks for posting. I've tested using the mime type application/vnd.apple.mpegurl and the media was able to fling. You can see how I am testing by building the fling sample and adding the following to the assets/FlingSample.json file: { "title": "Test", "url": " https://secure.brightcove.com/services/mobile/streaming/index/master.m3u8?videoId=3504347372001&playerId=3399366160001&lineupId=&affiliateId=&pubId=3047407010001", "metadata": { "type": "application/vnd.apple.mpegurl", "title": "Test", "description": "Test Description" } }, If you have previously installed the sample you will need to update /sdcard/FlingSample.json with the above changes. For further investigation of the problem logs from both devices will be the most help in debugging why the media is not playing. Regards.
10 |5000

Carlos avatar image
Carlos answered
I pasted that into the json file, selected it on the app and same deal, black screen. Could this be because I am testing on a fire stick?
10 |5000

Jamie Grossman answered
Hi there, Thanks for getting in touch. To get this working on FireTV Stick, the device must be updated to FOS5. If you would like to check that it is working earlier, feel free to enroll in the developer preview here: https://developer.amazon.com/public/solutions/platforms/android-fireos Regards, Jamie
10 |5000

Carlos avatar image
Carlos answered
Ok thanks, I'll just wait for it to be released.
10 |5000