question

kal256 avatar image
kal256 asked

Amazon Fling SDK on Android 6

Just tried an app working very good and finds FireTV on HTC One M7 running Android 5.01 and finding FireTV stick without a glitch. However the same app does not find FireTV on Nexus 5x running Android 6.01. Do you test the SDK on Android 6? null
amazon fling
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kal256 avatar image
kal256 answered
It seems the reason for this is JMDNS. It does not work properly on Android 6.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered
Hi kal256, We successfully tested Fling SDK release 1.2.2 with various devices including Nexus 5X and Nexus 9 running Android 6.0.1. We did not encounter any issues with discovery. We are wondering why you believe it is related to jMDNS? To investigate this, we need logs from the device that you are using to infer a jMDNS issue. Thanks!
10 |5000

kal256 avatar image
kal256 answered
Hi Levon, thanks for the reply. I believe it's JmDNS because I know your SDK is based on it and I can not find Apple TV on the same network using JmDNS on the same phone. I suspect that this may be a network issue with my home WiFi but I am really surprised if so, then why JmDNS discovery works on my HTC One M7 running Android 5.01.
10 |5000