question

ifndef avatar image
ifndef asked

Disable Whisperplay logs in Android application

Hello! I'm adding FireTv casting functionality to my Android application. Noticed that WhisperLink library is writing a lot of logs. I'd like to switch them off in release build.

Tried this code: com.amazon.whisperlink.util.Log.turnOffPerfLogs(); com.amazon.whisperlink.util.Log.setLogHandler(null);

It didn't help, logs are still writing. How to disable them?

fire tvamazon fling
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered
Thanks ifndef. In the meantime, please see the following reply from the Fling team: Hello, On generic Android devices, we depend on the 'adb setprop' command to turn the logging on/off. E.g. to turn off majority of the logging, you would run the following command: $ adb shell setprop log.tag.WhisperLink ASSERT Programmatically, you can use this API: http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/System.html#setProperty%28java.lang.String,%20java.lang.String%29 to do the same thing from your app. Thanks and Best Regards, Amazon Fling SDK Support Team
1 comment

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks. Will wait for library update Message was edited by: ifndef
0 Likes 0 ·
Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered
Hi ifndef, Welcome to dev forums and thanks for posting! At the moment, those logs cannot be turned off, however we are aware of the issue and are working towards a fix for that. Thanks!