question

ifndef avatar image
ifndef asked ·

Disable Whisperplay logs in Android application

Hello! I'm adding FireTv casting functionality to my Android application. Noticed that WhisperLink library is writing a lot of logs. I'd like to switch them off in release build.

Tried this code: com.amazon.whisperlink.util.Log.turnOffPerfLogs(); com.amazon.whisperlink.util.Log.setLogHandler(null);

It didn't help, logs are still writing. How to disable them?

fire tvamazon fling
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered ·
Thanks ifndef. In the meantime, please see the following reply from the Fling team: Hello, On generic Android devices, we depend on the 'adb setprop' command to turn the logging on/off. E.g. to turn off majority of the logging, you would run the following command: $ adb shell setprop log.tag.WhisperLink ASSERT Programmatically, you can use this API: http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/System.html#setProperty%28java.lang.String,%20java.lang.String%29 to do the same thing from your app. Thanks and Best Regards, Amazon Fling SDK Support Team
1 comment

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks. Will wait for library update Message was edited by: ifndef
0 Likes 0 ·
Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered ·
Hi ifndef, Welcome to dev forums and thanks for posting! At the moment, those logs cannot be turned off, however we are aware of the issue and are working towards a fix for that. Thanks!