question

saramine avatar image
saramine asked

Deployment error

Hi, I installed FireFly SDK on the last version of Android Studio, i have created a new AVD, with FireFly SDK 17. I also import samples projects to Android Studio. When i try to run, for example, FireflyResolvingPlugin, i got this error: Waiting for device. Target device: Test [emulator-5554] Uploading file local path: /Users/saramine/Downloads/Fire_Phone/samples/FireflyResolvingPlugin/build/outputs/apk/FireflyResolvingPlugin-debug.apk remote path: /data/local/tmp/com.example.amazon.mw.exempli Installing com.example.amazon.mw.exempli DEVICE SHELL COMMAND: pm install -r "/data/local/tmp/com.example.amazon.mw.exempli" pkg: /data/local/tmp/com.example.amazon.mw.exempli Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_MISSING_SHARED_LIBRARY] AVD has, for sure, as target: Amazon Fire Phone SDK Addon ( Amazon.com), Api Level: 17 Also this the content of build.gradle: apply plugin: 'android' android { compileSdkVersion " Amazon.com:Amazon Fire Phone SDK Addon:17" buildToolsVersion "19.1.0" defaultConfig { minSdkVersion 17 targetSdkVersion 17 } sourceSets { main { manifest.srcFile "AndroidManifest.xml" java.srcDirs "src" res.srcDirs "res" } } } Please help... Thanks Message was edited by: saramine
fire phone
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sim avatar image
Sim answered
In AndroidManifest.xml change to Add xmlns:amazon=" http://schemas.amazon.com/apk/res/android" to the tag. .... However, my app is getting installed to the emulator but is not getting displayed.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Kevin@Amazon avatar image
Kevin@Amazon answered
Hi Sim / Saramine, The Firefly examples included in the SDK are actually just plugins, not actual ‘apps’ – these are used to integrate into your app, not as a standalone app. Note also that for the API simulator, only the side panel and app widget examples can be run. All other Fire Phone SDK features require the actual Fire Phone runtime to function.
10 |5000