question

Seth C. Short avatar image
Seth C. Short asked

Maya exports a DPX but no SMX?

Hi, I walked through the instructions to create a simple animated model in Maya and assign animations, states, and state machine. I exported the State Machine as some name that makes sense to me, but isn't the same name as the three files I exported from Maya. According to the instructions, when Exporting a EuclidExport, it should export three files: FBX, EBX and SMX. It doesn't export an SMX file. Instead it exports a DPX file (which isn't mentioned in the instructions, and I can't find mention of it anywhere else). The only SMX is the one I created myself from Maya, and it doesn't have the same filename as the rest. As far as I can tell, EBB is trying to load in the SMX with the same name as the rest of the files... but of course that doesn't work. I'm having other errors that are obfuscating the issue (see other threads in this forum) but I don't think it's helping that there's no SMX to refer to. And what is a DPX file? Thanks, Seth Message was edited by: Seth C. Short
fire phone
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Kevin@Amazon avatar image
Kevin@Amazon answered
Hi Seth, Please make sure you've linked to the smx file in the Euclid Scene Editor (Euclid -> Edit Scene). It should then be exported alongside ebx file. As for the dpx file, it is a non-essential intermediate file that can be safely ignored/deleted. I am attaching a screenshot for clarification
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Kevin@Amazon avatar image
Kevin@Amazon answered
Helps to add the file.....
10 |5000