question

Scott A. Conger avatar image
Scott A. Conger asked ·

ZHeaderNavigationBar and Android's Actionbar

I have a simple project with ZHeaderNaviationBar but the default Android Actionbar is still showing. Most of my code is a straight cut and paste out of the DynamicPerspectiveControls example and I've been reading: https://developer.amazon.com/public/solutions/devices/fire-phone/docs/best-practices-for-zheadernavigationbar My theme is set as such: android:theme="@euclid:style/Theme.Euclid.Dark" How do I get rid of Android's actionbar, so that just the ZHeaderNaviationBar shows?
fire phone
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Scott A. Conger answered ·
I was able to get rid of it by creating a styles.xml; however, none of the examples have a styles.xml. So what am I missing that's making me need a styles.xml to turn off the actionbar?

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ok, maybe that was a stupid question. ;p I took a closer look at the examples on my phone. They all have actionbars too. Perhaps the styles.xml is the "correct" way to get rid of them. I just hadn't expected to have to manually turn them off.

The following in the application manifest works too: android:theme="@euclid:style/Theme.Euclid.Light.NoTitleBar"