question

mdoneshl avatar image
mdoneshl asked

Near Infrared sensors

Hi, I was wondering if I can access the near infrared sensors that are in the Amazon Fire Phone in the front. I want to create an Android application for the fire phone that can use the 4 front sensors to take a better image. Right now I only have X,Y,Z coords with face recognition using the Head tracking API. If the amazon fire sdk doesn't provide more than this, it is posible to create a custom library to access the 4 cameras? Thank you. Regards,
fire phone
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Amelia@Amazon avatar image
Amelia@Amazon answered
Hi mdoneshl, Unfortunately, there is no developer facing service available to accomplish this job. It's a great idea and we will share this with the appropriate team.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kbanana avatar image
kbanana answered
Is there an update to this? I am looking to leverage all cameras and the infrared sensors. Can I do it?
10 |5000

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
Hi, There are still no developer facing services available to accomplish this. Thanks, Nick
10 |5000

AJ avatar image
AJ answered
Is there any timeline for when the API access would be available ? I too am looking for access to the IR led's and the IR cameras. Is there a description available on the signal that is fed to the LED's ? Is it modulated ? Does one LED pair with one camera ? I would like to use the IR and camera to measure air pollution. More details at www.indiaairquality.com thx, AJ (fire phone newbie)
10 |5000

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
Hi, There is no developer facing service to accomplish this, and we do not comment on any future of upcoming releases, including whether any particular feature may or may not be in development. Thanks, Nick
10 |5000