question

jlhuertas avatar image
jlhuertas asked

Is there a way to access raw data from the corner cameras?

Hi, I've read that corner cameras are using IR lighting and filters to capture face images and perform all the head tracking processing. Is it possible somehow to access these cameras and use them to capture IR pictures for other purposes? I've been taking a look at the APIs and I cannot find a way to do it, but just to confirm it. In case it is not possible right now... is it planned to open new APIs in the future that could give access to this raw data? I think that would open a whole host of possibilities for cool applications. Thanks, Jose Luis
fire phone
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Kevin@Amazon avatar image
Kevin@Amazon answered
Hi Jose, Thanks for your interest. This is not a use case we currently support. I have shared your feedback to the product team for future consideration. Your ability to interface to the 4 corner cameras is limited to the HeadTracking API. The HeadTracking API provides the data as an event containing the following pieces of information: • The timestamp of the event. • Whether the software currently detects the user's face and is actively tracking the user's head. • The position of the head relative to the screen orientation of the phone, as X, Y, and Z coordinates. • The angle at which the head is inclined right or left relative to the screen orientation of the phone.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jlhuertas avatar image
jlhuertas answered
Thanks Kevin, We would like to use it for iris recognition, which we think would be a very cool feature for the Fire. Do you know if we could talk with somebody on the product team about this use case? Or please tell them about what we would like to do at Mobbeel and ask them to contact me if they could be interested somehow :) Thanks! Jose Luis
10 |5000

Kevin@Amazon avatar image
Kevin@Amazon answered
Hi Jose, Done (with your actual e-mail). The team will contact you if they need more clarification.
10 |5000

911Ryan avatar image
911Ryan answered
Kevin We are also interested in developing an app using all the front cameras , I saw your reply above but I need to discuss this with personally with the Amazon team. Please could one of your team contact me for further details.
10 |5000

Amelia@Amazon avatar image
Amelia@Amazon answered
Hello 911Ryan, In order to investigate this issue further we will specific information about which app in your account you are referring too. To protect the personal information of developers, we do not discuss the details of specific applications on these discussion forums. Please reach out to us via our Contact Us form ( https://developer.amazon.com/help/contactus.html ). This will allow us to validate your identity and discuss app specific information in a context that will not expose your personal and proprietary information.
10 |5000