question

newuser-ad7d8920-54c1-45ad-b913-675212321f30 avatar image
newuser-ad7d8920-54c1-45ad-b913-675212321f30 asked ·

Azure AD Account Linking Alexa Skills Kit

I'm try to link my azure environment to Alexa. I'm using Auth Code Grant with HTTPBasic. After entering Authorization URI, Token URI, Client ID and Client Secret, the Link account page in alexa skill redirects to login.microsoftonline.com. After logging in, I'm redirected to skills.amazon.com which says Unable to link account to your skill. For the alexa endpoint, I'm using an Azure Function App. I'm able to get access tokens when testing on Postman. Has anyone encountered any similar issues? Is this a bug in alexa skills kit or Azure AD?

alexa skills kitaccount linkingazure
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Brian@Amazon avatar image
Brian@Amazon answered ·

Hello. I would suggest taking a look at our account linking debug guide which is located here: https://forums.developer.amazon.com/articles/38610/alexa-debugging-account-linking.html

If you are still unable to link your account, then please file a contact us case with the information listed at the bottom of the article.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

aidesigner avatar image
aidesigner answered ·

I have the exact same problem. I found this exact guide toward your objective and hope that it will expose any of your configuration mistakes. For that reason I am listing this as an answer. If it does solve your issue please post exact problem as I am struggling as well.

newuser-6cc575d7-1154-486e-b501-f76353e4a815 avatar image
newuser-6cc575d7-1154-486e-b501-f76353e4a815 answered ·

Quite similar to your issue, I am not able to connect with MS Dynamics CRM by authorization from MS AD. The token gets retrieved using Postman. For me, while performing the Account linkage, the error message comes up as "We are unable to link <Skill name> at this time"

Vanderby avatar image
Vanderby answered ·

The guide posted needs a few updates,

• You can ignore the sections about the "front end" app registration.
  • In Alexa account linking section update URLs to use login.microsoftonline.com instead of login.windows.net
  • ClientId to be the Application Id of the "back end" app registration
  • The ?resource= has to be set and has to be the same as the audience parameter for the JWT bearer options.
  • The client secret (key) that is used can not be one that "Never Expires". Use a 1 or 2 year duration.

Make sure the ?resource={clientId} is a part of the request URL and that your using a key that does expire, 1 or 2 years, not one that never expires.

1 comment

What is the "audience parameter"? Where does that come from? I have heard elsewhere that resource=<Application Id> is what should be used

0 Likes 0 ·