question

Brett J. Crawford avatar image
Brett J. Crawford asked

Kindle Fire HD camera

I have recently made my app, Mirror Free, available on the Amazon Appstore and was wondering if anyone with a Kindle Fire HD would be willing to test it out for me. I do not have a Fire HD for testing, and seeing as my app relies on the camera using the emulators provided would not help. I appreciate any help and I apologize if this is not the correct place for this. http://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/dl/android?s=wckd+dev
fire tabletsubmission testing distribution
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Robert Putt avatar image
Robert Putt answered
Hi, I will ask my partner to test this on her Kindle Fire HD. On a side note I believe you can link the emulator camera to your computer's camera, I know I have used my webcam built into my iMac before on a Android app emulator for testing but this wasn't for testing, but in theory it should work for any ADK virtual device I think. Regards, Rob
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sachin@Amazon avatar image
Sachin@Amazon answered
Thank you Rob for your response. @Brett, If your app requires the use of a camera and you have a webcam attached to your computer, select webcam0 from the drop-down menu (or emulated if you don't have a webcam); otherwise, you can leave the default set to none. For the Kindle Fire 1st and 2nd Generation tablets, this feature is disabled because there is no camera on these tablets. Please find more information on using emulator at the following link: https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/fire/emulator-guide.html
10 |5000

Offbeatmammal avatar image
Offbeatmammal answered
I had a play on the 7" Fire HD and it works really well (love the "fire" frame). Only issue is that it's stuck in portrait view which is great for looking at me, but when I wanted to switch to landscape view to show my daughter... it wouldn't.
10 |5000