question

VidyaPrakash Rajan avatar image
VidyaPrakash Rajan asked ·

Unable to get the ACCESS TOKEN during account linking with ServiceNow using LDAP or ADFS authorization

I am able to do the account linking without LDAP or ADFS authorization for ServiceNow and retrive the access token.

But when I try the same with LDAP or ADFS(using SSO) authorization for ServiceNow and try account linking, it authorizes and redirects to Servicenow Home page instead of linking the account successfully.

Since it is not redirecting back to the amazon's Account linking successfull page I am unable to complete the account linking and get the access token.

with LDAP or ADFS -> uses SSO (single sign on).

without LDAP or ADFS -> doesn't use SSO.

It would be great if if any body can help out.

alexa skills kitaccount linkingalexa for business
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jenn@amazon avatar image
Jenn@amazon answered ·

I think you'll need to work with your ServiceNow admin to figure out how to prevent the redirect to the homepage.

ServiceNow posted a Whitepaper on how to integrate ServiceNow with Alexa for Business that could be helpful.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

VidyaPrakash Rajan avatar image
VidyaPrakash Rajan answered ·

Yes, I have asked service now team to configure redirect URL. They have configured the redirect URL, which I had provided from the Alexa skill account linking page.

The actual issue is when I click on link account from Alexa companion app.

When I click on link account SSO page appears to login with user details. When I enter user credentials and click on login. It redirects to service now home page. Instead It should redirect based on redirect URL and give the confirmation of 'Account linked successfully'.

How to avoid the redirection to home page and get the account linking done sucessfully

1 comment

Where did you add the redirectUrl in the Account Linking Configuration?

The 2 URLs defined are:

• Authorization URL -> Where the User logs in
  • Access Token URL -> Where Alexa requests the Access Token after receiving the Auth Code after the user logs in.

Sounds like ServiceNow isn't redirecting back to the URL provided in the redirect_uri parameter.

Check out this blog that explains the expected behavior for OAuth 2.0 Authorization Code Requests and Responses.

0 Likes 0 ·