question

makesi avatar image
makesi asked

Re: Application is not targeted to kindle fire 7", HD 8.9 ,HD7

Commenting to the locked thread: https://forums.developer.amazon.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=2290&tstart=0 [b]rmandel@aws says:[/b] [i]Folks, I assure you that every message that sent via the ContactUs form on this site is read by a real person, and the responses that you receive are not automated. We cannot respond to inquiries about specific applications in the context of these discussion forums due to respect for privacy and confidentiality. [/i] Maybe not automated, but only answers you can get through ContactUs are copy-paste answers, which do not help at all at finding out what is specifically wrong in our app. What do you suppose we should do if we have already raised multiple ContactUs trying to get some kind of comment on why the app is "not targeted" for Kindle Fire tablets? This is really frustrating!!!
fire tabletsubmission testing distribution
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Zeljko avatar image
Zeljko answered
I absolutely agree with everything said above. It's also funny how we cannot get specific answer about our app here but we at least get human written response - which is not the case if we use proposed way: Contact Us form. So: Targeting problem -> Contact Us -> Template Reply -> Requesting detailed info -> Template reply #2 -> This forum -> Human: Go to Contact Us -> Template Reply -> Requesting detailed info -> Template reply #2 -> Demanding detailed answers -> No answer anymore, case closed -> This forum -> Human: Go to Contact Us -> ....... Madness! I'm not kidding by the way, I actually went through this path: I used Contact Us twice and both time I received template responses. And I come here to be told the second time how I should use Contact Us! And if that was not enough they chose to close the thread where we complaining about it! You must be kidding, right?
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Neverwhere avatar image
Neverwhere answered
So dear rmandel@aws, I also didn't get what do you propose to us to do so we can get the details. WE DON'T WANT THE DETAILS HERE!!! We want to know what we should do next and to not receive templated responses. We need the details about why we got this result so we can fix it. What is not clear in this question? On what language to explain it so we can get HUMAN NON TEMPLATED RESPONSE with the details about why we are not targeted to Kindle Fire? Thank you!
10 |5000

makesi avatar image
makesi answered
Yes, same story here. Been through a couple of rounds with support (Contact Us) with same exact answers which are not helpful at all. Additionally played some guess game on what could be wrong by making small changes here and there (manifest, permissions, layouts etc) and submitted and re-submitted just to see if that would make any difference. It hasn't. The app stays as "Not targeted" for Kindle Fire 7", Kindle Fire HD 7" and Kindle Fire HD 8.9" although it has been tested and works perfectly on those devices. It would be great if you could add to FAQ that apps may be rejected for Kindle Fire for any arbitrary reason that won't be further explained. Then app developers could make a just decision on whether to spend any time on developing for Kindle Fire and take chances that time will be wasted or whether to focus on other devices where app distribution is not governed by rules that are not openly communicated.
10 |5000

amazpub avatar image
amazpub answered
Hello Amazon folks, We just went through the exact same routine as outlined in this thread. Could you please answer at least this question (which I also asked through contact us): Does the failure to be eligible for Developer Select mean that our App will NOT be available on Kindle Fire? Or does it only mean that the App will not be promoted by Amazon? Please respond... we need to know this urgently before the announced live date later this month!
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Amazpub, The failure to be eligible for Developer Select means you would not get these: - 500,000 mobile ad impressions free. - enhanced merchandising on the Amazon Appstore. - Amazon Coins incentives for customers who purchase your app. We consider a variety of factors as we evaluate each app for Kindle Fire Tablets, including the quality of experience the app offers and compatibility with the device. While our goal is to offer a broad and compelling assortment to Kindle Fire Tablet customers, not all apps available through Amazon Apps are currently available on Kindle Fire Tablets. We are unable to provide any specific information to your app at this moment.
10 |5000

Neverwhere avatar image
Neverwhere answered
Lol, thank you! That was in a really great help! I already posted request to withdraw my application from the store, because I feel the same way as I am banging my head in a wall. This is indeed a very simple question - why somebody made that decision (software or person)? The question is Why?, Why?, Why? and from what I understand nobody has the answer. And the fact that you AGAIN posted the same template which we already saw, drives me crazy. Goodbye!
10 |5000

amazonatom avatar image
amazonatom answered
I can't believe the same template answer from my emails is verbatim in this thread. Writing support is the biggest waste of time, a very sad excuse for developer help. This needs improved asap, or no one will work with this developer portal. My apps works just as everyone above: tests well on 7" and up in house, retina ready, and everything. Yet, my app isnt available on Kindle 7" and is denied Developer Select. Ridiculous. I just want an honest answer.
10 |5000