question

flipsterpm avatar image
flipsterpm asked ·

App not compatible with all Amazon devices

We went through multiple live app tests as well as got approval notifications from amazon. Nothing suggested that we had incompatibility issues. We ran the app through the amazon testing service which passed both phone and fire tablet support. Today our app went live but is only compatible with non-amazon devices through the amazon app store app. All of the kindle devices we marked for support cannot see the app in the app store. Please assist Thanks, Brian
fire tabletsubmission testing distribution
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mikeedla avatar image
mikeedla answered ·
This is the normal process. They put it on the store then continue reviewing it, you will get a final review email from them in a few days or a week, whether they accepted your app for amazon devices. I had the same concern unfortunately i got the email with all the devices unapproved, craziness.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

flipsterpm avatar image
flipsterpm answered ·
This is becoming increasingly frustrating. We still do not have approval for our app and absolutely no response from Amazon as to why it is in limbo. It would be nice to get a non-canned response from Amazon stating exactly what is wrong. We followed all the guidelines when publishing the app but it seems like we overlooked something. We are willing and eager to resolve this issue if Amazon would just let us know what it is. I have sent another response back to Amazon so we will see what we get back. If there is an Amazon rep reading this, please review our app submission and contact us. Thanks

flipsterpm avatar image
flipsterpm answered ·
So, I got a response back from Amazon and it is frustrating to see that after a month of waiting that Amazon still does not know (or seem to care) why the app isn't published. Here is the most recent canned response... "Thank you for writing back. We do not have any additional information at this time. We have noted your case number and app name, and if we do have additional information, we will reach out to you directly by reopening this case." I feel like the support person didn't even read the email. What other options are available to get some type of response? Are we going to have these same issues for every update we try to publish?

Rudy B avatar image
Rudy B answered ·

This is why people choose Roku of this BS. my App got published then says it's not compatible with all the devices. Yet it runs perfectly on my FIrestick, and to add insult to injury, all my media is stored on S3 and I'm using their Media services as a CDN. I'm able to stream my Roku stuff from Amazon's servers fine, but streaming to their own Amazon Firestick? what a POS!