question

NIteLordz avatar image
NIteLordz asked ·

Show my Settings on Echo Show

I am able to handle the phrase "show my settings" when using the companion application. However, when that phrase is said on the Echo Show device (or simulator), settings for the Echo Show display, instead of allowing me to modify settings of my custom skill.

I handle the intent "AMAZON.NavigateSettingsIntent" within my webhook, however, it is not being passed in properly from the Echo Show.

Am i missing something?

alexa skills kitecho showcompanion app
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jamie Grossman avatar image
Jamie Grossman answered ·

According to our documentation, you shouldn't be trying to handling that intent. That is just one of many built-in ones that do core functionality for the Echo Show/Spot, so you don't need to. See here.

3 comments
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Jamie@Amazon, thanks for the response.

Yea, i see that, but within my skill, i have different settings that a user can configure. So i am assuming, that phrase is off limits. While, "configure my settings", "settings", and other variations are ok, just now "Show my settings".

Is this safe to say? if so, is there any other "off-limits" phrasing that i can make a note of within my documentation for my QA testers to be made aware of.

Thanks much

0 Likes 0 ·

Will update as soon as I know more.

0 Likes 0 ·

So as you mentioned, you basically want to stay away from any of these utterances that might trigger than built-in intent. We don't have a resource with all of the off-limit phrasing, but I suppose this is what the testing is for! Perhaps moving your skill away from any phrasing that could be considered similar would be overall the best option.

0 Likes 0 ·