question

chk-kaiser avatar image
chk-kaiser asked

Kindle Fire WITH ADS: how to create Alarm Clock correctly

Hi, I developed the Alarm Clock "WakeLight" ( http://www.amazon.de/WakeLight-ein-Lichtwecker-f%C3%BCr-Android/dp/B00C8WKDHS), but customers that own the Kindle Fire with Ads (!) tell me that the light effect does not work, meaning that the whole application cannot work on such a a Kindle Fire. The lockscreen with the ads will not allow other activities on top of it, it seems. WakeLight does work on all other devices as far as I know, and I have all the necessary permissions, and I set the standard flags for an Alarm Clock that wants to show itself above the lockscreen. No problems known except here. Is there a trick, or do I have to tell the customers it will not work on such a device? I do not want to get rid of the ads of the lock screen, just need (for the purpose of an alarm clock) to be able to control the device's brightness and display in the morning when the alarm starts, in order to display my alarm screen. Afterwards, the old lockscreen will be displayed as usual. Christian
fire tablet
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Kaiser, Thank you for writing. Currently there is no way to change the system date/time. We might enable this feature in the subsequent release. Sorry for delayed response.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

chk-kaiser avatar image
chk-kaiser answered
Well that's not an answer to the question. But it has been answered by Amazon as "this is not allowed". Funny though - I did solve the problem except for a small bar on the side, where the buttons are when the ad screen is not there ;) So there's a 1 cm bar with ads, the rest of the screen can be covered.
10 |5000