question

William Bagley avatar image
William Bagley asked ·

Kindle Fire Device Definitions Installed but not Available in AVD Manager

I have installed every item in every API under ADK Manager. This includes all of the Kindle Fire images. When I open AVD and try to create a new device, the Kindle devices are not listed.
fire tablet
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

nelsb83 avatar image
nelsb83 answered ·
have you tried using the amazonavd.exe? look in this directory: sdk/extras/amazon/AVDLauncherMacOSX/ - im on a mac, I'm assuming it is similar on a windows machine

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

w0tcha avatar image
w0tcha answered ·
> I have installed every item in every API under ADK > Manager. This includes all of the Kindle Fire images. > When I open AVD and try to create a new device, the > Kindle devices are not listed. I have exact same problem. I looked in folder /extras but there was no sub-folder called amazon and a search for amazonavd.exe didn't find anything. So I still cannot see any kindle device definitions when I launch the AVD Manager and I've installed everything (including Kindle Fire stuff) in SDK Manager Can anyone help? Thanks

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered ·
Hi, You need to install Kindle Fire Device and Emulator Dependencies through Android SDK Manager to get the Kindle emulators in your PC. https://developer.amazon.com/public/resources/development-tools/ide-tools/tech-docs/01-setting-up-your-development-environment#Installing%20Kindle%20Fire%20Device%20and%20Emulator%20Dependencies

w0tcha avatar image
w0tcha answered ·
Hi Thanks for that - I'd been through that page many times and thought I had installed everything, but I'd missed the [b]extras[/b] at the bottom of the list - now I've installed them the AVDManager works with Amazon devices. Thanks for the heads up