question

Sangwoo Hong avatar image
Sangwoo Hong asked

Regenerate GameCircle API key because security profile wasn't linked?

Hi. The Amazon Underground version of my game keeps getting rejected during submission because GameCircle won't initialize in a live environment even though it works fine throug ADB at my end. Eventually figured out that the security profile for the game was not linked to the Amazon Underground version so I linked the security profile and resubmitted but the Amazon Underground version is still failing submission because GameCircle won't initialize at Amazon's end. Could it be possible that I need to generate a new API key because the security profile link was not present before? Also, basically the value of the API key between the Amazon App Store version and the Amazon Underground version of my game are the same since they share the same keystore. Does the Amazon Underground version need it's own keystore as well so the API key value will be different between the two versions?
amazon appstoreamazon underground
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
Hi, For Amazon Underground, you will need to create a new API key for the Underground version of your app. For more information on migrating your app with Amazon APIs to Underground, please see our guide here: https://developer.amazon.com/public/solutions/underground/docs/migrating-your-app-to-amazon-underground#API Migration (Required for Apps Using Certain Amazon APIs). -Nick
1 comment
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi Nick,

I am having issues with GameCircle on Underground. I wrote the details to Customer Support last week and haven't received a reply, so hoping you or someone can help.

I also wrote in https://forums.developer.amazon.com/questions/100/gamecircle-update-for-underground.html?page=1&pageSize=10&sort=votes

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sangwoo Hong avatar image
Sangwoo Hong answered
Hello. My GameCircle issue has been resolved. It seems linking the security profile is what did the trick. However, it looks like one either has to wait for about 24 hours after linking the security profile to submit or submit a live test in order to trigger the security profile link to take effect. I will post here again if I find out for sure.
10 |5000