question

David T. Schaller avatar image
David T. Schaller asked ·

Reporting: Track types of devices?

Is there any way to track what types of devices (Android, Kindle, Fire TV) that my app has been downloaded to?
fire tvsubmission testing distribution
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David T. Schaller avatar image
David T. Schaller answered ·
I guess not.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

DougM@Amazon avatar image
DougM@Amazon answered ·
This feature is not available at this moment and we generally do not answer questions about future products or services, which this falls under. However, I'm going to forward this feedback/suggestion to the concern team. Please stay tuned on Mobile App Distribution Portal or Blogs ( https://developer.amazon.com/blog/index.html ) for any updates related to this. Thanks.

newuser-e6bbfe0f-f159-4a39-9cdf-c060ad81c5df avatar image
newuser-e6bbfe0f-f159-4a39-9cdf-c060ad81c5df answered ·

Any chance there is an update to this question? Is there any way to track what types of devices (Android, Kindle, Fire TV) that my app has been downloaded to? Such as Fire Cube vs Fire Stick?

1 comment

I would second your request.

Actually, the way I see it is that:

• You need to do your own logging, just for sanity, if nothing else. If your apps are paid-on-download, you want to see what your server says vs. what is reported in sales reports (take a look at this thread).
  • Agreed, that it would be nice to see ratios for device types. In our case, Amazon tablets are maybe 1% of all downloads, so really don't justify the amount of work needed to support those. Also, recently one of our apps was suppressed on 2016-2018 tablets, where the submission team is using a very old (original?) FOS firmware. It is not worth to fight to get those tablets running, if Amazon is not interested in even properly testing them. Although, the ratios we see may be different from yours, as those may heavily depend on the app types.
  • It would be nice to see ratios for countries, which markets are worth to support. There is more and more traffic from India, if you can monetize that any way (we cannot, so it is kind of worthless market for us).
  • As far as your questions about Cube, etc., we see Sticks downloads maybe at about 80% (AFTT maybe half of that), and recently TVs starting to bite into Cube share.

Again, our stats may not reflect your situation.

Thanks, Jacek

0 Likes 0 ·