question

fmapps avatar image
fmapps asked

Video streaming app (long videos) does not resume video play from the last

My submitted app failed mainly for the reasons below. What is the recommended way to fix this? Issue 1:- Video streaming app (long videos) does not resume video play from the last marker in the video : Steps to reproduce 1. Install and Launch the app 2. Select any section and select any video 3. Press home button. Observation: Video streaming (long videos) does not resume video play from the last marker in the video Issue 2:- Remote: App encounters issue when performing a microphone search : Steps to reproduce 1. Install and Launch the app 2. Select any section and select any video 3. Press Microphone search button. 4. Perform Voice search, select search item , navigate back to app Observation: Video streaming (long videos) does not resume video play from the last marker in the video
fire tvsubmission testing distribution
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

fmapps avatar image
fmapps answered
I guess this is my real question: What is the best way to keep track of progress in individual videos so that when a user goes back later they can resume instead of having to start over?
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

fmapps avatar image
fmapps answered
I ended up using SharedPreferences and saving progress in the onPause event.
10 |5000

Prashant Adesara avatar image
Prashant Adesara answered
Hi Friend, I also got same issue while video streaming. At my side its working fine whatever they given rejected reason. But don't know why they rejected app many times. If you don't mind can you please share your answer for how can you manage with sharedpreference. Because I also do that but than also amazon team is rejected my app. It would be good if you can share your thought. Here its steps for reason. 1. While the video is playing do a microphone search. 2. Navigate back to the app. Actual Result: Observe, video restarts from first. Expected Result: On Navigating back to app the video should resume itself from the marker where it had left.
10 |5000

tkoba@amazon avatar image
tkoba@amazon answered
HI Prashant, If you haven't solved this issue yet, please let me know which app you are referring to. But basically how you should implement if you haven't done so is save the video playing position on onPause() and resume the video from that position on onResume().
10 |5000