question

fmapps avatar image
fmapps asked ·

Unable to run Live App Test version of app

My app runs fine if I install through adb. I have set up a Live App Test, and wanted to try it out on my device so I can help the testers if needed.

It first made me uninstall the one I had installed through adb. I had to use adb to uninstall because it didn't show up under Applications in Settings.

After that, it installs, but will not open. It gives an error saying "Cannot Open App. The installed version of cannot be opened. Please check for an available update on your library."

fire tvsubmission testing distribution
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

fmapps avatar image
fmapps answered ·
Also, on the product page on Amazon.com, it says it's not compatible with any of my devices, including the Fire TV.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

NickG@Amazon avatar image
NickG@Amazon answered ·
Can you uninstall the version downloaded from the LAT, check that the app no longer appears on the Fire TV carousel or on the list of installed applications, then install it again from the Live App Test? It sounds like there was still some information from the app already on the Fire TV which was conflicting with the LAT version that you installed. Thanks, Nick

fmapps avatar image
fmapps answered ·
Thanks. I got it working. I am using code from Android TV's Leanback sample (since Amazon hasn't provided anything similar that actually works) and I had to make some adjustments to the manifest.
2 comments

sipahi avatar image
sipahi answered ·
Hi there, was your problem related to the intent-filer?

neoalb1989 avatar image
neoalb1989 answered ·
I did the following steps but i still have the same problem. If i adb install the apk it is working ok. My apk also don't list any remote input as compatible and that is strange since i take into account the fire tv remote.

NickG@Amazon avatar image
NickG@Amazon answered ·
Remote compatibility is added at the time of live submission, so if your app has never been submitted before or has only been submitted as a live app test, it will not show controllers are compatible. However, controllers should still work fine. -Nick