question

adent42 avatar image
adent42 asked

Controller support manifest filters

I am helping someone who is submitting a Fire TV apps and they are receiving the following: "Without controller support, your app will fail testing for this device and will delay launch on Amazon Appstore." I've tested the app and there is game controller support. What are the manifest feature entries required to declare controller support? Thanks.
fire tvsubmission testing distribution
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
Hi, There are no additional manifest entries required for controller support on the Fire TV. With Fire OS 5, all controller inputs are standard Android key events. Controller support messaging on the detail page is added when the app is first submitted, and will be there with any subsequent updates. For more information on handling input events on the Fire TV, please see the following documentation: https://developer.amazon.com/public/solutions/devices/fire-tv/overview/supporting-controllers-on-amazon-fire-tv Thanks, Nick
1 comment
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Link broken. Couldn't find a newer version either.

0 Likes 0 ·
Christian avatar image
Christian answered

With my latest update, the app has only gamecontroller support according to the Amazon Appstore. The users get this annoying message on app start. Nothing was changed.

Please check your help pages, I get 404 errors all the time.

10 |5000