question

Sean Shott avatar image
Sean Shott asked

App not available on Fire TV devices even when targeted

My application was approved but it is not showing available in the App Store for the Fire TV devices (or the Kindle Fire HD 8.9). I selected all of the Amazon devices to target. I have the minimum SDK as 15 and the target as 22. I also specify . What am I missing?
fire tvsubmission testing distribution
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jedadiah P. Ashford avatar image
Jedadiah P. Ashford answered
Sean, did you ever find a solution here? I'm stuck here also. I've even taken the leanback Google example and the Amazon fire sdk example and submitted them as my own and still show not compatible with Fire TV. I'm lost and Amazon support is non existent.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Peter Weir avatar image
Peter Weir answered
Yep same issue. My first app built just for the fire stick and it says not available. Would really like to know how to make it available.
10 |5000

Amazon Customer avatar image
Amazon Customer answered
@Amazon, can you provide some information here? I see a few potential problems: 1. Got this in email: "Please note that we may conduct additional testing on your app and that the app may not currently be available on all devices." - If our app is still being reviewed for FireTV, please indicate so. 2. We have a "Amazon Content Policy Not compliant" error on the review page, but yet the app is live. If we're not compliant, please respond to request for why Amazon has flagged us this way. 3. Something else entirely is wrong, Manifest, files, Amazon's systems, configurations, etc. Considering I've uploaded Amazon's own example FireTV project and it still shows not compatible with FireTV, then I suspect something is wrong with the distribution system. Please respond to support requests.
10 |5000

Peter Weir avatar image
Peter Weir answered
Amazon any news. Getting nothing back on the contact us.
10 |5000

Amazon Customer avatar image
Amazon Customer answered
Amazon is awful! Two various threads discussing same problem, no answers. Struggling to see what s wrong as I am facing it since long. App submitted, status is live and under Review details it marks red flag without any specific information. App is found while search on store through browser, in Fire TV it is not found at all! How confusing this is all, show me the way out. Regards Samyak
10 |5000

Ryan V avatar image
Ryan V answered
Have you heard anything else yet? I'm in the same boat. Terrible developer support.
10 |5000