question

Iliyan Ivanov avatar image
Iliyan Ivanov asked

Promoting a Fire TV Android app

Hello fellow devs,

I am sure we've all reached a point at which our app was in the store, ready to be discovered but found it difficult to propagate the knowledge of its existence. That's why I wanted us to talk about advertising / promoting an Android app for Fire TV.

I'll go first: 1. The moment I created my second app, I linked them to each other with a banner-style link. This is the main driver for the younger app. 2. Google Plus and Facebook helped. I was able to find some public pages which allowed me to tell the world about my new apps. This did increase the download rate, but only for a short period of time. (I feel like Twitter could also be an option, but I am not very good with it.)

fire tvsubmission testing distribution
1 comment
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Can you give some examples of public pages that you used?

0 Likes 0 ·
Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered

Hi Iliyan,

Welcome to dev forums and thanks for posting! It's definitely good to promote your app the way you are doing now, and any channel (including Twitter) can be useful. You can also try to find various TV apps (or general apps) related websites that could perhaps review your app -- that could increase exposure as well.

Amazon provides a service (although it's not free) called Advertise Your App (AYA) for developers, to help you advertise your app on Fire tablets' wakescreens and on non-Amazon devices as regular ads. You can find more details here:

https://developer.amazon.com/public/resources/promotional-tools/advertise-your-app

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

adam355 avatar image
adam355 answered

Hey Levon, It looks like think link you have provided does not allow advertising Fire TV apps?

4 comments
10 |5000

Hi osiris355 -- you are absolutely right. At the moment AYA supports only Amazon tablets, and only in the US. Apologies for the confusion in my earlier reply -- it was meant more to point to an additional way to advertise apps in general. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

Do you plan to open this up to Fire TV apps? There is not many ways to advertise my app with Amazon and seems like the only route to go is building a following on social media.

0 Likes 0 ·

Regrettably we don't discuss any plans for future products, services, or features. There are a few avenues for promoting your app, including being featured on the first page, and entering various indie competitions. Please see this doc for more details on Marketing Your App:

http://dev.amazonappservices.com/rs/070-JMM-398/images/8%20Tips%20for%20Marketing%20your%20App.pdf

0 Likes 0 ·

Thank you for that link. If I was to advertise my fire tv app which of the four options in the link below would i use today? Could I use the drive traffic off amazon option and actually link to my fire tv app back on amazon?

https://advertising.amazon.com/?ref_=ext_ppc_ggl_mt_b_kw_%2Badvertise%20on%20%2Bamazon_ct_188080771653

0 Likes 0 ·
Kunijordan avatar image
Kunijordan answered

Thank you for posting your comments in the forum.

Unfortunately, the link you provided is not associated with Amazon Appstore as it is used for customer/vendor/manufacture who want to advertise their product through Amazon's advertising network.

We do offer Advertise Your App tool within Developer Portal but unfortunately that tool is not applicable to Fire TV app.

Regardts,

10 |5000