question

TheStrandedStarfish avatar image
TheStrandedStarfish asked

Set Lambda runtime/handler from ASK DEPLOY?

Is there any way I can change the Lambda Runtime/Handler options when deploying using the ASK CLI? My templates are all in Python and when I do my initial deploy which creates the Lambda function, it defaults to node.js and a default handler.

lambdaask cli
2 comments
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

i had the same issue. glad you posted.

0 Likes 0 ·

Assuming you're using v2 of the ASK CLI then look at the ask-resources.json file in the top level of your local skill directory.

The "skillInfrastructure" object contains properties such as runtime and handler. You can change these to match your requirements and then redeploy.

0 Likes 0 ·
Anand@Amazon avatar image
Anand@Amazon answered

Hi there,

Lambda function is created by AWS CLI which should already be installed in your system.

You can edit environment variable in your AWS profile as per your requirement.

Please refer below links for more details:

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/cli/latest/userguide/cli-environment.html

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/lambda/latest/dg/current-supported-versions.html

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Claudio Veggiotti avatar image
Claudio Veggiotti answered

I have the same problem. I've changed the runtime in the lambda console to Node.js 14.x, but when i "ask deploy" the runtime returns to 10.x.
I've read all the docs without resolving. Can anyone give me a detailed answer?

Thanks!!

I use a linux ubuntu machine

1 comment

Read my post above ^^

0 Likes 0 ·