question

newuser-c9d15675-fa59-4df1-a5c5-3dbf03c2026a avatar image

An Android app current version and upcoming version submission with Fire TV support under review since January 25,2018

Our company's app's "Current version" for Android and "Upcoming version" are both stuck in "Under Review" status since January 25, based on "Apps&Services" Dashboard in Developer console For the "Upcoming version" the following comment is provided: "The app submission is taking longer than expected to go live. Stay tuned for further updates".

An "Upcoming version" in question has Fire TV support added, as listed in the release notes.

Please provide feedback on the solution.

fire tvapp submission and updatesandroid
3 comments
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Did you get this resolved eventually? If so what was the issue and what did you have to do to exit the review process?

(I am in the same situation with a submission that's been in review for the last 3 weeks now)

0 Likes 0 ·

Hello,

Thank you for posting your comment.

It your app is still in review status and not being processed, please use "Contact Us" form so that we can look into your app.

Best,

0 Likes 0 ·

I did get in touch. Answer, as expected was not helpful "Your application has been moved into Review status for additional testing"

It's your platform & you can do whatever you like - but let me try to make a few points across here:

1. At the very least you should provide a ballpark ETA so we, as a business can plan and mitigate around a (very) long review process. This kind of open-ended black-box process makes it difficult for any business to operate on.

2. Beyond the business impact, this type of unreasonable delay is downright disrespectful to the app developers who have put some hard work into the update and meet their deadlines

0 Likes 0 ·
Kunijordan avatar image
Kunijordan answered

Hello,

Thank you for posting comment in the forum.

There might be an issue in properly syncing your app status. Thus, since this case appears to be account specific questions, we ask you to please submit your inquiry through Contact Us form after you log into your developer account. We should then be able to identify your account and app that's in the questions. When submitting inquiry via Contact Us form, please provide detail as much as possible (name of the app, screenshots, steps to replicate the issue, etc)

Best,

1 comment

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks for your reply. I submitted a ticket regarding the issue, it was assigned the case id[Case 4909391061]. I provided app name, app_id, and release_id in the developer account. I still haven't heard from the support team, despite my follow up yesterday. Any suggestrions? Thank you in advance

0 Likes 0 ·
Kunijordan avatar image
Kunijordan answered

Hello,

Thank you for posting. If you have submitted Contact Us form,we ask you to please wait their response.

We appreciate your patience on this.

Best,

Jacek avatar image
Jacek answered

In the original email from Amazon, they provided you with an ETA to get your app approved. Once you get that "Stay tuned" or something like that and no reason for delay is provided, you are more or less screwed.

Based on our experience (and other developers that voiced their opinions on this forum), the best option you have is to cancel your submission, and resubmit the app again. (Although, wait few hours before you do it.)

Trying to use 'Contact Us' form is just a waste of time, as you go into another queue that takes long days or weeks, and the best, you will be snowballed.

Best, Jacek