question

evasf avatar image
evasf asked

Fire TV OS > VideoPlayer > seekTo function causing app to freeze

Hi Guyz, In my Fire TV OS app, I am using seekTo() function to fast-forward a video. It is working as expected if fast-forward button is pressed once or twice at a time. But it freezes the app if fast-forward is pressed multiple times to forward the video to say several minutes. In code, seekTo() function called every time forward button is pressed. Can anybody help with what could be the reason and how can I get out of this problem? P.S. This issue is not occurring frequently on Fire TV, but occurring very frequently on Fire TV Stick. Thanks.
fire tv
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered
Hi evasf, Welcome to dev forums and thanks for posting! Fire TV and Fire TV Stick are identical in terms of functionality, however Fire TV Stick has less hardware resources to be able to fit into a USB stick sized package, so that could be the reason you are seeing this issue on that device. Could you please provide some logs to look into? Are you using the VisualOn SDK; what is the format/encoding of your video and audio; does the bitrate change in the stream while it's playing; does duration and start time on the higher and lower bitrate chunks align across different bitrates; is audio the same format across all bitrates?
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.