question

Leonard J. Mullen avatar image
Leonard J. Mullen asked

@sujoyghosh Ready to return ALL of my Fire TVs

Sujoy, I am a long time Amazon customer and the owner of seven Fire tablets a Kindle and a pair of Fire TVs. I had been looking forward to the new Amazon mobile phones. Now I am having second thoughts. I have been after Fox and Simple and other app developers to support the Fire TV. Today, I was pointed to this thread... http://forums.developer.amazon.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=9620&tstart=0 It's clear that YOU are the obstacle to my enjoying Fire TV. I have emailed Jeff Bezos a link to this thread hoping he would ease whatever logjam is preventing you from supporting his customers. Please rethink your priorities. Amazon has released a great streamer and has a few months to establish their streamer before Google and Apple release new products. Absent support for key apps, Amazon will only be able to compete with Ouya. We need: a web browser, an email client, social media apps, PlayOn.tv (which works in a browser on my Kindle Fires), Simple.TV DVR app, Tablo DVR app, and the top news and sports apps. If you cannot deliver these, I am going to have to return my FTVs and hope Google satisfies my needs.
fire tv
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Leonard J. Mullen avatar image
Leonard J. Mullen answered
The Simple DVR app has not been ported to Windows Phone, so I can access/manage my DVR using virtually any device not made by Amazon... http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/simple-tv/57192c4a-1ad0-449b-8c16-f33452ba5b0d
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us. I will share it with appropriate team.
10 |5000