question

Michael Hare avatar image
Michael Hare asked ·

Using an AVD for debugging

Hi, My FireTV is on order, but until then I thought I'd get started with the SDK. I have it installed, but cannot seem to find the magic combination of parameters to build a viable AVD. What AVD profiles are being used by the developers? Thanks, Michael Hare
fire tv
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rekire avatar image
Rekire answered ·
AFIK there is no AVD with included Amazon specific APIs. (That means I got that answer from the Amazon mail support some weeks ago). The only thing you can do is to create a [i]normal[/i] stock Android AVD with matching parameters (e.g. you need to set API 17, which is IMHO quiet outdated since today API 21 was published).

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Michael Hare avatar image
Michael Hare answered ·
Thanks for the reply. I was afraid that would be the answer. It is a shame Amazon hasn't gone that extra step to provide a decent AVD for developers. I also agree, api 17 is pretty outdated for a device that is this new. Api 19 would have been acceptable, 21 even better.

Amelia@Amazon avatar image
Amelia@Amazon answered ·
Thank you for your suggestion/feedback. We will forward your feedback to the concerned team.