question

John Dunn avatar image
John Dunn asked

Smart Home Skill Account Linking issue using Login with Alexa

I'm trying to link my Smart Home skill using Login with Amazon following these instructions - https://developer.amazon.com/blogs/post/Tx3CX1ETRZZ2NPC/Alexa-Account-Linking-5-Steps-to-Seamlessly-Link-Your-Alexa-Skill-with-Login-wit. I've double checked all of my settings ( redirect URLs, scope, etc ) and am getting the dreaded "An error occurred while attempting to link Alexa with..." error. Most of the questions on the forum appear to be related to certificates with login server - I assume this shouldn't be an issue when using Login with Amazon? Is there any ability to debug what's happening on the Login with Amazon side? I can't find any logs related to that service in the Developer Portal. Any ideas where to look next to try and solve this issue? I have logging in my Lambda and it doesn't look like it's making it that far.

I've following the steps here ( https://forums.developer.amazon.com/articles/38610/alexa-debugging-account-linking.html) without any luck.

On a separate note - any idea why I'm showing up as NewUser-XXXX as my user name? If I click on my profile in the Developer Console things look correct but in the forums profile it shows NewUser-XXX.

The Skill ID is amzn1.ask.skill.5c34d589-8824-4210-8913-1dfb52926438 if that matters.

account linkinglogin with amazon
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

John Dunn avatar image
John Dunn answered

I tried removing 'Send Alexa Events' as some people suggested and I now get a slightly different error - "We were unable to link XXXX Skill at this time"

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Tsuneki@Amazon avatar image
Tsuneki@Amazon answered

Hi John,

Thanks for posting.

I suggest testing without checking "Send Alexa Events" if it is enabled.

If the skill works without "Send Alexa Events", please double check your skill meets requirement for this feature here.

10 |5000