question

Steve avatar image
Steve asked

How can I support both Alexa.PowerLevelController and Alexa.BrightnessController

Hi,

My smart home device supports both the Alexa.BrightnessController and Alexa.PowerLevelController interfaces but requests for power setting come as set brightness under the Alexa.BrightnessController namespace.

e.g.

Alexa, Set MyDevice brightness to 20% -> Alexa.BrightnessController, Set Brightness - as desired

Alexa, Set MyDevice power to 20% -> Alexa.BrightnessController, Set Brightness - not what I want.

If I remove the Alexa.BrightnessController from the device interface during discovery then I get the expected Set Powerlevel requests.

A similar thing happens with the Alexa.PercentageController (i.e. brightness always wins).

I need to support both power level and brightness (it's a fan with lights, so fan speed and light level).

Thanks,

Steve.

alexa smart home
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Tsuneki@Amazon avatar image
Tsuneki@Amazon answered

Hi Steve,

Thanks for posting.

We are currently investigating the issue.

I will let you know as soon as we completed it.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Tsuneki@Amazon avatar image
Tsuneki@Amazon answered

Hi Steve,

I don't have a exact time line, but we will have a long term solution that would support it.
For short term solution, can you discover the fan and light separately? (Light with Birhgtnesscontroller, Fan with PowerLevel).

10 |5000