question

davorin avatar image
davorin asked

Alexa Camera audio lag in rtsp playback

Hello

I've setup a RTSP mp4 stream which is played perfectly with VLC, video and audio in sync.

But when streamed to Echo Show or Echo Spot there is a lag of over 10 seconds...

What is the reference implementation of a RTSP server to test with?

I know live555 is rather old (as their website is as well ;o) and will probably never support mp4 containers.

alexa smart homecamera
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Tsuneki@Amazon avatar image
Tsuneki@Amazon answered

Hi Davorin,

There are a couple of options.

1) Live555 is a functional RTSP server that can support sending audio and video over TCP with TLS
2) Wowza is a functional media engine that can support sending audio and video over TCP with TLS
3) gst-rtsp-server is a robust RTSP server powered by a battled tested media framework (Gstreamer)

Regards,

Tsuneki

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Tsuneki@Amazon avatar image
Tsuneki@Amazon answered

Hi there,

Thanks for posting.

I will get back to you as soon as I find any reference for implementation.

10 |5000

newuser-17fda212-9a79-48fe-a0a3-4d978cea70fd avatar image
newuser-17fda212-9a79-48fe-a0a3-4d978cea70fd answered

Hi, I also have the problem. I setup rtsp server which written by myself,and play perfectly with vlc as client.But play with echo show as client, video and audio will delays 10s......what's quesition with my rtsp server?Tsuneki@Amazon

10 |5000