question

trock98 avatar image
trock98 asked ·

Why aren't my sales being recorded on the dashboard or in analyze?

On 2-14-18 I purchased 3 of my own designs. These three sales have not shown up on my dashboard, nor in analyze. My credit card has been charged and I received an email saying the products have been shipped. Still no update to my dashboard.

I tried emailing Merch customer support and I have received 3 canned response emails that did not address the issue at all and a 4th email saying they had provided me all the information that they could.

Most of us as designers need this information as it lets us know what products and designs are selling better than others and we can adjust future designs accordingly. If I had not purchased my own designs I would never had known that my sales were not being recorded properly.

Can anyone tell me why these sales aren't showing up? I have purchased in the past and the sales were recorded almost instantly. This has been almost 60 hours and the sales have not been recorded.

Thanks for any help you can give.

merch by amazonhelpresponse
2 comments
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

UPDATE: It has been a week and I still do not have credit for the 3 products that I purchased. I have now actually received the shirts. At least I got a competent Amazon employee to handle my case this time and he is working to help me resolve the issue. I will post an update when the issue is resolved.

3 Likes 3 ·

as I said in previous post, you are not the first person to report this. Now I know Your case is identical to this mentioned by me and it was around 6 months ago. How many times something like this happen? This is stealing and cheating! Now I ask myslef, was it just pause in selling t-shirts, or Amazon decide to stop sharing with me (talking about designs that sells everyday and stop for about week, then start selling again). I know for sure Amazon don't update, or even give BSR to multiple of my items (because I sold them receive money and item never get BSR). Please if there are people, with same situation respond. If You can, show some evidence (without vulnerable informations). Terrible situation, we have no insight to the system and now it look like Amazon arbitrarily decide what to do with our moneys. No response from Amazon don't make it any better!

2 Likes 2 ·
Elizabeth@Amazon avatar image
Elizabeth@Amazon answered ·

Hi Everyone, thank you for the feedback here. I wanted to update you to let you know that we are not aware of any ongoing issues that would cause a sale not to display on the Merch by Amazon dashboard. If you do have a case of a sale not reflecting, please send an email to merch-sellers-contactus@amazon.com with information on the order, including the products purchased and the order id for further investigation. We will update the community if we identify any ongoing issue related to this question.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

FocusedOnResults avatar image
FocusedOnResults answered ·

Hello - while I don't have an answer to fix the issue - your post is the 3rd I have seen in the past couple days outlining similar situations.

You are correct, usually we see the order placed fairly quickly.

I have to guess that it is a glitch in the Amazon system and it will soon be fixed.

Have you tried pulling the date range of the order plus a couple days out?

I hope you'll post an update to your original post once the orders do show.

1 comment

After getting shut down without a relevant answer from support, I emailed about the issue again. This person is a little more helpful. After explaining again what was going on, he messaged back and said he had messaged the appropriate team for further investigation into my inquiry.

I will post an update if, or when this situation gets resolved.

1 Like 1 ·
newuser-70ba2f27-4751-483a-aa3e-d4be94f6f533 avatar image
newuser-70ba2f27-4751-483a-aa3e-d4be94f6f533 answered ·

So it is possible that we are not getting credits for sales that are actually taking place, as there sure seems to be something wonky going on for awhile now.

MrApo avatar image
MrApo answered ·

We have no real tool to check if Amazon is fair with us (maybe this one, but do this all the time is nonsense). This is not the first time, when someone write similar story (there was even case where creator receive package with t-shirts, but see no sales or royalty in his merch account, even after several days).

newuser-5262299f-cac7-48a2-9363-3912a224c53b avatar image
newuser-5262299f-cac7-48a2-9363-3912a224c53b answered ·

Interesting... and could explain quite a lot actually. I have a feeling a lot of people will start ordering their own shirts now to see what happens.

Mike avatar image
Mike answered ·

The Merch system is broken. It needs to be burned to the ground and rebuilt.

1 comment

It does seem to be broken at the moment.

2 Likes 2 ·
newuser-96e4a67a-e87a-40bb-9c8f-95cc1155318b avatar image
newuser-96e4a67a-e87a-40bb-9c8f-95cc1155318b answered ·

If the dashboard reporting is bugged or broken (clearly something is wrong), can amazon assure us that the proper records are still being kept on their end and credit for these sales will still reach the seller and we will still get paid royalties for our work?

Mike avatar image
Mike answered ·

What a surprise that Merch support hasn’t commented on this little issue - you know, the issue where you design and sell a shirt and the only one that profits is Amazon. I’m completely shocked. They are normally so responsive and full of knowledgeable answers. We can’t even get the useless “our engineers are aware of the issue, blah blah blah” on this one. They’d like nothin better than for this thread to sink below the fold.

Elizabeth@Amazon avatar image
Elizabeth@Amazon answered ·

Thank you for the question @trock98 - If you are still not seeing these sales reflected on your account I would recommend that you send an email to merch-sellers-contactus@amazon.com with all of the information on the order, including the listings purchased and the order id. They will be more than happy to help you to resolve this issue. Same goes for anyone else experiencing this issue!

3 comments

With the exception of products ordered by ourselves or friends and family, How are we supposed to know if sales aren’t being recorded?

4 Likes 4 ·

Exactly, it is plain stupid.

3 Likes 3 ·

The only people who will catch this are people who are buying their own shirts, OR, who know the buyer and know when the shirt was bought. This exact scenario is rare compared to the norm, yet if this many cases are being reported, it makes you wonder just how many more are really happening that the sellers are completely unaware of. There would be no way for them to report what's going on. This is quite a serious issue, as there is almost no doubt people are missing sales and have no clue, other than the sudden drop of sales with no explanation..... which also happens to be mass reported now but is being blamed on "throttling". Maybe it's not throttling, maybe it unreported sales.

3 Likes 3 ·
Gorilla_Steve avatar image
Gorilla_Steve answered ·

I have recently been auditing my AMS ads and have found sales registered on a couple of my new uploads, however there is no record in my Merch dashboard of these sales.

I will email support and see what happens.

2 comments

@Elizabeth@Amazon

Hi Elizabeth,

I have now emailed support for clarification but was simply referred to the 'Getting Paid' FAQ. When I replied asking a direct question regarding a specific ASIN I was sent the exact same email. Would it be possible for you to please look into this on my and others behalf, as it is deeply worrying that Amazon may be selling our designs and due to some error in the system, failing to credit the royalties to our accounts.

Thanks, Steve.

1 Like 1 ·

Good luck getting a useful response.

0 Likes 0 ·