question

niels.thole avatar image
niels.thole asked ·

Groups with thermostat and temperature sensor do not enable proper checking for temperature

When I create a group with a temperature sensor, a termostat, and an Echo device, I can easily check the temperature via German: "Wie ist die Temperatur?" (What is the temperature?) and get the value of the temperature sensor. However, if I remove the Echo device from the group and ask for "Wie ist die Temperatur im Büro?" (How is the temperature in the office?), Alexa tells me, that there are multiple thermostats and tells me that I should use the device names.

Both devices are implemented with only their respective interfaces and displayed categories, so I would expect both scenarios to have the same outcome and provice the temperature of the sensor. My skill is using Alexa v3.

Am I missing something here or is it a bug?

alexa smart homethermostat
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

roy-1 avatar image
roy-1 answered ·

Hello,

We are looking into this now. Thanks for your patience, and I'll get back to you soon.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

roy-1 avatar image
roy-1 answered ·

Thanks for your patience. I've been testing this scenario a bit, and I do not think that the described behavior is an issue with your skill. I am following up with the team, and will reply back if I receive any additional info, but skills have no influence on the behavior of device groups.

As long as your skill is responding to customer intents as expected, then this should be OK, as groups are a consumer feature that is not controllable from the developer's side.