question

Richard Z avatar image
Richard Z asked

BItcode still not enabled for iOS in Fling SDK 1.3.1?

In the Release Notes for version 1.3.1 of the Fling SDK, it says "Updated the iOS library to support bitcode."

However, when trying to "Product->Archive" with the AmazonFling.framework, I get the error:

ld: bitcode bundle could not be generated because '(my dir here)/AmazonFling.framework/AmazonFling(RemotePlayerImpl.o)' was built without full bitcode. All object files and libraries for bitcode must be generated from Xcode Archive or Install build file '(my dir here)/AmazonFling.framework/AmazonFling' for architecture armv7

Is this expected, and I just have to build without bitcode? Or is this supposed to work?

sdkamazon flingios
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered

Hello,

We have enabled bitcode support in the latest Amazon Fling SDK release 1.3.3:

https://developer.amazon.com/fling

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered

Hi Richard,

Bitcode support for the iOS Fling SDK is currently disabled. We will update the SDK when we have re-enabled bitcode support for archiving. In the meantime, applications that want to include the Fling SDK will have to turn off bitcode support in their Build Settings. Thanks!

10 |5000