question

Lyfesaver avatar image
Lyfesaver asked ·

Before I begin to develop, need to know if API even allows light ring to be synced

Basically I have an Echo and an Echo Plus (have not done anything with the hub on the Plus yet) as well as Homeseer to control my smart home. I am looking for a way to have a lamp with a multi color LED bulb synced with the light ring on the Echo/Echo Plus. Seems having Homeseer "GET" light status and make the changes would be a bad way to go with constant polling being done and it would be best for the Echo/Alexa to "PUSH" any changes in the light ring to Homeseer. My planned (if the API allows for this whole idea that is) first version is to just sync with notifications (when the ring pulsates yellow) but the end result is to have the light sync with all changes to the light even the "Activation Swirl" after Alexa is triggered.

Any thoughts, roadblocks or details on this idea would be greatly appreciated.

alexa smart homeechoecho pluslights
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Francis@Amazon avatar image
Francis@Amazon answered ·

Please see this and this.

Currently there is no mechanism to notify/trigger any outside logic (outside of Echo/AVS device) when there is a notification. Moreover, you also cannot pull the status of the light ring programmatically.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Lyfesaver avatar image
Lyfesaver answered ·

So, basically my idea is a non-starter. I have to admit I am a bit surprised to find that out. I would think syncing lights to notifications would be up towards the top of the list of things to do with Alexa. Oh well, thank you for the information. I will sit on my hands until the API is opened up to allow for this.