question

newuser-5801eb7d-12a8-4a85-8943-c3d337f657f6 avatar image

Amazon Drive API stopped working

I have an app (I wrote it myself) that I used for 2 years to access my amazon drive account. Now it stopped working. Here is what's going on:

>> GET /drive/v1/account/endpoint HTTP/1.1

<< STATUS 429 {"message":"Rate exceeded"}

Why can it be so? It used to work about two weeks ago and yesterday it stopped. As there is no convenient software to work with amazon drive, now I can't use it anymore (the way I got used) :(

I tried to write to Amazon Developer Support but they weirdly told that they don't answer to such questions and sent me to the forum.

P.S. It's basically a plugin for Far Manager, here are the sources https://github.com/denisvmedia/farnet-acd

amazon driveapi
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered
4 comments
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi, thanks, I saw that. But it doesn't solve my problem. First of all I don't use rclone or acd_cli (like I posted, I use my own program and I posted a link to its sources). Secondly, how can I submit my app for approval? And why should I do that? It has been working for 2 years and suddenly for no obvious reason stopped working. And also, my app is used solely by me.

So, my question is still actual: how can I get my app back to working?

0 Likes 0 ·
Levon@Amazon avatar image Levon@Amazon ♦ commented ·

Hi, the reason for the issue you are seeing, is that the Amazon Drive API and SDKs are now closed, even for personal use, see: https://developer.amazon.com/amazon-drive

0 Likes 0 ·
newuser-5801eb7d-12a8-4a85-8943-c3d337f657f6 avatar image newuser-5801eb7d-12a8-4a85-8943-c3d337f657f6 Levon@Amazon ♦ commented ·

I see. Then how can I get a refund for the service? As it became unusable for me.

0 Likes 0 ·
Levon@Amazon avatar image Levon@Amazon ♦ commented ·

For a refund please use our digital and device “Contact Us” page. For that, please:

• sign into amazon.com >
  • go to www.amazon.com/contact-us >
  • choose Digital Services from the top row of options >
  • choose Amazon Drive from the drop down >
  • choose Storage plan / Subscription from the second drop down, then select your preferred contact method. Thanks!
0 Likes 0 ·