question

JK-892af450-eaa0-4ddf-8d3a-791de8da7eba avatar image
JK-892af450-eaa0-4ddf-8d3a-791de8da7eba asked ·

Are generic reprompts acceptable?

I expect my users to often ask multiple, single response questions, such as "What's for lunch?" > "Bacon blue-cheese burgers" and "What's for dinner?" > "Steak and lobster with drawn butter". I don't want to immediately close the session after each response. After reading the requested menu contents, I'd like the reprompt to say something generic like "Is there anything else I can help you with?". If I implement this, do I have to then handle YES and NO intents (I could see some users literally answering yes or no to that question)? Or would it be better to reprompt with my initial launch/welcome response, such as "You can ask me what's for lunch or dinner"?

alexa skills kitresponse
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

KirkC@Amazon avatar image
KirkC@Amazon answered ·

Hi, although I can't provide specific design guidance regarding exactly what you should say, per our certification guidelines if you ever leave the session open, then the speech output immediately preceding must have been in the form of a question. We have a KB article on the subject here:

https://forums.developer.amazon.com/articles/50203/test-case-41-session-remains-open-with-no-prompt-t.html

10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.