question

sa0987 avatar image
sa0987 asked

Raspi avs sun.security.ssl.SignatureAndHashAlgorithm.getSupportedAlgorithms

I am working on AVS sample app on the Raspi - Using Jessie Raspi 3 - java version "1.8.0_65" mvn exec:exec gets the following. Help! [INFO] [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] Building Alexa Voice Service Sample Java Client 20160207.0 [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] [INFO] --- exec-maven-plugin:1.2.1:exec (default-cli) @ sample-java-client --- Exception in thread "Thread-15" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: sun.security.ssl.SignatureAndHashAlgorithm.getSupportedAlgorithms(Ljava/security/AlgorithmConstraints;Ljava/util/Collection;)Ljava/util/Collection; at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.processMessage(ClientHandshaker.java:337) at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.processLoop(Handshaker.java:979) at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.process_record(Handshaker.java:914) at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:1062) at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1375) at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1403) at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1387)
alexa voice service
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

swasey@amazon avatar image
swasey@amazon answered
Are you following the steps here: https://github.com/amzn/alexa-avs-raspberry-pi ? So what I think what happened is that we expected people to follow the instructions entirely and update to the latest version of Java (which is greater than the build 65 that you have), and that our maven exec script will use the correct version of an internal library (ALPN). That version of the ALPN library is tied to the specific build of Java so it has to be provided manually if not on the latest version of Java, and we don't provide those instructions on the Github README for some reason (I'll track this internally to get this fixed). What you'll want to do is run this instead: [b]mvn install -Dalpn-boot.version=8.1.6.v20151105[/b] and [b]mvn exec:exec -Dalpn-boot.version=8.1.6.v20151105[/b] Please respond if that doesn't work!
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tempestsa avatar image
tempestsa answered
Thanks, worked for me!
10 |5000

sa0987 avatar image
sa0987 answered
Thank for the accurate response. If steps like updating to the latest JAVA are required, there should be specific checks and steps built into the instructions. I have the latest Jessie and updated and upgraded. I realize that might not put the latest JAVA in there, but maybe this can be added to the FAQ list. "Have you updated to the latest JAVA release?" or how to modify to use the correct JAVA. At one of the steps I had to select a different version of JAVA to have that step work. It gets very confusing when mixing a lot of tools (pre-reqs) to one product. (I still don't have the authentication working but that is probably due to a bad parameter. I will post my questions if I can't sort that out)
10 |5000