question

newuser-a4e79a7b-4006-4a36-bf53-ec82cdb958e1 avatar image

Alexa VoicePrint

I’d like to know whether Alexa supports Voice Print technology? If yes, can we use the voice print technology to bind a bank card? If not, can we develop our own voice print function in my own web service(for custom skill)? It seems that there is no voice print info in Alexa developer websites.

alexa skills kitvoice-user interface
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jenn@amazon avatar image
Jenn@amazon answered

At re:Invent '17, we announced Developer Preview for unique speaker recognition. I'm not sure if speaker recognition will support the security needed for sensitive interactions like financial skills.

You can request access to the Developer Preview here.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

newuser-8f36aec9-f736-4481-a64b-56d00ca0f7fa avatar image
newuser-8f36aec9-f736-4481-a64b-56d00ca0f7fa answered
I'm thinking Alexa should support voiceprints. If for no reason other than preventing Alexa from disclosing privacy information. Things like my address, list content, accessing contacts, allowing me to purchase things, etc..... I'm thinking this is like right around the corner for all voice based devices Amazon or not - yes? I don't have reason to believe any kind of location based authentication works reliably or that users really want their devices locked to a specific place. Voice seems logical. I can use my device anywhere just like my cell phone but if I'm not the person that owns that device limits are placed on my capabilities. In the case of a cell phone its a fingerprint or pin.
10 |5000