question

tifr0z avatar image
tifr0z asked

Fire OS 6: WhisperLink fails to launch services (time out error)

My app extends the com.amazon.whisperplay.fling.media.service.MediaPlayerHostService . Everything is working great with devices that use Fire OS 5, however, using the same build under the same circumstances, the service always fails to launch on Fire OS 6 device. I am enclosing the logcat capture here (2 files: one capture without any filters, another capture filtering entries relevant to the app).

servicelaunchtimeout-no-filters.txt

servicelaunchtimeout-filtered-for-app.txt

The failure manifests itself in the logs with this line (in the logs, application specific info was replaced with <app-specific-info>):

E/WhisperLink: RegistrarService - <com.company.myplayerservice> timed out trying to launch.; 

Developments builds do not exhibit the behavior (the services launches as expected), I was only able to reproduce the issue with release builds.

The test device (AFTTN) has the following info under settings/device/about:

Software Version: Fire OS 6.2.1.2 (NS6212/918)

Fire TV Home Version: 6.0.1.2-006

fire tvappamazon fling
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered

Hi tifr0z,

Thanks for letting us know. I notified the Fling team and they are preparing an update to correct this. Please keep an eye on OS updates. Thanks!

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.