question

prakruthi avatar image
prakruthi asked

Is there an Amazon API for building the Alexa Skill programmatically without having to login to Alexa portal and enter the utterances and slots manually?

I'm trying to create an Alexa skill which has a fairly wide-open possible number of phrases it could use. My requirement is that I don't want to open the amazon developer portal and enter all the utterances and slot values manually and build the model . I can probably generate the list programmatically, but it changes frequently, so I'd want it to be updated frequently. Is there an Amazon API I can call to update the possible values for a custom slot type as well as utterances without having to manually log in and update the slot type, slot values and utterances.

I even tried referring ASK CLI but there is no proper documentation regarding it.

It would be of great help if someone would help me with this.

alexa skills kitamazon developer portalask clismapi
1 comment
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

At Conversation.one we have such a feature. It automatically sync your interaction model with Amazon(and Google)

0 Likes 0 ·
Jamie Grossman avatar image
Jamie Grossman answered

Check out the skill management API here. More info on the interaction model shcema here.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Stephen Wilcox avatar image
Stephen Wilcox answered

I use intent-utterance-expander from npm in a script to expand my sample utterances. Then I update the model using the ASK CLI:

ask api update-model --skill-id $SKILL_ID --file model.json --locale en-US

You have to use the newer model format that combines the intents and sample utterances. You can clone your skill with the to get a baseline version of it:

ask api get-model --skill-id $SKILL_ID --locale en-US > model.json
10 |5000