question

newuser-44e6a859-b40c-4a67-a925-e7ea985add75 avatar image

How to invoke a custom Alexa skill from an iOS app after integrating AVS service?

Hi, I was able to integrate AVS into iOS app and able to interact with Alexa and general skills available. I want to invoke a my custom skill that is available in Alexa Skill kit developer portal. I am able to invoke the custom skill using echoism.io by logging into it using the same developer login. How do i achieve the same using AVS for iOS when logged in using the same amazon developer account?

alexa skills kitalexa voice serviceios
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

pete@amazon avatar image
pete@amazon answered

If the skill is published, you would link it the same as from any device with the alexa app or by voice. If the skill is not published, you need to invite your client account to the beta test in the skill section of the dev portal.

Hopefully, that is helpful.

2 comments
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks for your reply.

Need a bit more help there. I am looking to access my custom skill from an iOS app(not from any of the echo devices) by requesting Alexa (Alexa is integrated into my iOS app) with an intent or utterance of my custom skill. No, the skill is not published. I have gone through the beta testing process which helps in testing the skill which is wonderful. I am trying to find a means to invoke my custom skill from my iOS app(logged in with same amazon developer creds) similar to what echoism.io does.

Thank you.

1 Like 1 ·

Do you mean that even if the skill is shown under the dev section in my Alexa phone app, I need to invite myself as a beta tester before I can test the app on actual device?

0 Likes 0 ·