question

Andreas Richiger avatar image
Andreas Richiger asked

How must response look like if Retrievable==false and ProactivelyReported==false?

Question is regarding V3 directives

My skill reports Retrievable and ProactivelyReported as false in discovery response.

If I click a light icon in the Alexa app, then the skill receives a PowerController directive indicating to turn on the light.

My skill response to the PowerController directive as follows:

The Alexa-App shows the light state as turned on.

All fine until now.

But after a couple of seconds there appears an error message above the icon indicating "Ein Problem ist aufgetreten." (There is a problem).

Is it correct to respond with the property set in the context?

Is it correct to derive the value of the property from the command of the directive as no state is available from the smart home device?

What might be the reason for the error message shown above the light bulp icon?

alexa skills kitalexa smart homeresponse
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Tsuneki@Amazon avatar image
Tsuneki@Amazon answered

Hi there,

Thanks for posting.

We are currently investigating your issue.

In the meantime, could you provide your skill ID for further investigation?

2 comments
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hallo Tsuneki,

Thanks for your support. The Skill ID is: amzn1.ask.skill.cbc432bb-44a7-4a12-9d5b-249b054e82f2

The is a certified version of the myHomeControl skill. Actually am working on the development version to migrate from V2 to V3.

The test system is up and running. But actually it is configured to provide status data to alexa.

Retrievable and ProactivelyReported = true

(due to the open question: Why I'm getting: "The access token does not have sufficient permission(s) to authorize the request." from the alexa event gateway?)

Please inform me, if I should change configuration.

Regards, Andi

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi there,

My apologies for delayed response. In your situation, it is most likely “Could not retrieve the device state”.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matias B avatar image
Matias B answered

I have the same issue. If I don't activate retrievable true the message "There was a problem keep coming"

1 comment
10 |5000

Hi, could you please a contact us here with your skill ID and account linking credentials for further investigation?

0 Likes 0 ·