question

TonyHarmsworth avatar image
TonyHarmsworth asked

Using Amazon Drive as storage

This seems a perfectly simple question, but answers I find on the web are confusing and I dare not rely upon them. They talk about odrives and worry me that the drive is not what I need.

I have a lot of data which I rarely use, but must keep. It amounts to about 500gb and I have purchased 1tb on an annual basis from Amazon. I have the desktop app installed and am currently doing a back-up of live files from my Mac. Most of the important data is on a 1tb external hard drive and I'll set about uploading that when I know my files will be safe.

What I need to know is this:

• If I delete folders and files on my Mac to save space, are they still in the Amazon cloud?
  • Does this also apply with the sync folder or does that delete on both drives?

I hope that is specific. The trouble is that I dare not delete the local files until I am absolutely certain that they remain on the Amazon drive - we're talking years and years of work here.

Hope someone can help.

Tony

amazon driveamazon simple storage servicesync
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Oswald avatar image
Oswald answered

Hey Tony,

Thanks for reaching out here in the forums! If you are unable to get help from the community on the forums I would suggest reaching out to Amazon Customer Service for support (http://www.amazon.com/customerservice).

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.