question

n3d avatar image
n3d asked

Ending the session and stopping video player at the same time

Hi,

I am having an issue stopping the video player. Currently I have to say "stop" twice in order to do so, first to end current session and second time to stop the video. I tried ending the session before I launch the video app but that didn't work (also, as per the doc, shouldEndSession and VideoApp launch don't go together). What's the best way to ensure that Video player exists smoothly on "Alexa, stop"?

Thanks,

Nedim

videoappsession
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jenn@amazon avatar image
Jenn@amazon answered

The utterance 'Stop', during Video playback is the same as 'Pause', so the first time 'stop' is heard, it's handled by the built in MediaPlayer.

Unfortunately, with the current VideoApp Interface, there isn't a 'smooth' way to transition a user when they say 'stop'. The best way to reduce user friction is to provide information to the user before playing the Video. For example: let them know how to return to the skill or the expected behavior of the navigation controls.

10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.